Chios must reject the unethical EU-Turkey refugee deal!
51 citizens of Chios
The implementation of the unethical EU-Turkey refugee agreement, say 51 citizens of Chios, has uncontrollable consequences on the island and it must be stopped.
“The EU-Turkey agreement is illegal and immoral, as characterized by many international organizations that dissociated themselves from the creation of closed detention centers. The deal violates international law on refugee rights. Any attempt to implement it on our island will stigmatize our community and has already had uncontrollable consequences. Deportations of uprooted and persecuted people must be stopped. We demand an open route toward Europe for refugees.”
Translated by Dimitris Ioannou
First published in Greek, on the lockal newspaper of Chios "Αplotaria", 4.4.2016
- Translated by: N/A
- The original text was first published on: Written for AnalyzeGreece!
- Open letter to Y. Mouzalas, Alternate Minister of Immigration Policy
- The governement manipulates the Asylum Appeals Committees
- Τurkey is under pressure and is putting us under pressure
- All quiet on the Eastern Front?
- Under the same roof”: some thoughts on the experience of the occupation of the City Plaza hotel